The Kerala State Women's Development Corporation (KSWDC) is the key organization under the Department of Social Welfare, Government of Kerala, initiated with the sole objective to empower women socially, economically and educationally, so that they are equipped to play a major role in the development process of the State. Incorporated in 1988 under the Companies Act 1956, it formulates, promotes and implements projects that aim at women for improving her status to a self-sustaining and self-standing level. .
To achieve its aim the Corporation had launched several programs for enhancing self-employment opportunities and also for imparting occupational training programs leading to employment for women. Priority is given to economically and socially marginalized women for bringing them into the mainstream of the society.
- State Channelizing Agency for Self-employment loan schemes of NMDFC, NBCFDC, NSCFDC, NHFDC and NSTFDC
- State Nodal Agency for Govt. of India schemes viz. STEP, SWADAR, WWH etc.
- Impart Job-Oriented Training Programmes
- Run Working Women's Hostels
- Marketing Support for Women Entrepreneurs
- Gender Awareness & Empowerment Programmes
The Corporation has achieved great strides in the development and distribution of benefits for the welfare of women, especially those in the lower rungs of the economic ladder. In the year 2007-08, it has proven track record (Rs. 837.89 lakhs) in the disbursement of self- employment loans for the economic upliftment of women in the state of Kerala by availing enormous support from the State Government and by tapping the schemes of Government of India.
For more information, visit: www.kswdc.org