Shri. K M Mani
Shri.K M Mani
Office : 0471 2327876,0471 2327976
Mobile : 9496155500
Websie : www.minister-finance.kerala.gov.in
Portfolios : Finance, National Savings, Stores Purchase, Commercial Taxes, Agricultural Income Tax, Treasuries, Lotteries, Local Fund Audit, Kerala State Financial Enterprises, State Insurance, Stamps and Stamp Duties, Kerala Financial Corporation, Law and Housing
Profile : Son of Shri. Thomas Mani and Smt. Aliyamma; born at Marangattupalli on 30th January 1933; BA, BL, Advocate and Political Worker.
Participated in the Freedom struggle while a student. After enrolment as an Advocate, started Legal Profession at Calicut Bar for a short while and set up practice at Pala and District Court, Kottayam.
Entered Politics as a worker of Indian National Congress; was a member of KPCC and General Secretary of Kottayam DCC; Was founder member of Kerala Congress and General Secretary of the Party. Became Chairman of Kerala Congress (M); Was a member of State Planning Board; Chairman, State Law Reforms Committee.
Served as Minister for Finance (1975-77), Home Affairs (April 1977 to December 1977 and September 1978 to October 1979); Finance and Law (January 1980 to October 1981, December 1981 to March 1982 and May 1982 to May 1986); Irrigation and Law (June 1986 to March 1987); Revenue and Law (June 91 to May 96 and May 2001 to May 2006).
Holds the record of getting elected from the same constituency in 12 elections continuously totalling a period of 46 Years and held office of Minister for 20 years. As Finance Minister, presented 9 Budgets.
Now Chairman of Kerala Congress.
Previously elected to KLA in 1965, 1967, 1970, 1977, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1991, 1996, 2001 and 2006.
|Languages known||Malayalam and English.|
|Wife ||Smt. Annamma Mani|
|Children ||One Son and Five daughters.|
|Travels Abroad||USA,UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Hongkong, Japan, U.K.,|
France, Holland, Denmark,Norway, Egypt, Germany,
Kenya, Italy,Rome, Nepal, Canada, China,
Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea and Philippines.
|Hobbies||Reading and Writing.|
|Recreation ||Film and Music.|
|Literary Activities ||Author of|
(1) “The Theory of Toiling Classes and Political Economic studies”
(2) “Fiscal Problems of Kerala – Causes and Remedial Measures”
(3) “The Eighth Five Year Plan – an Alternative Approach”.
(4) “India and Globalisation – Asian Economic Community – Need of the day”.
(5) “Agricultural Threats and Possibilities in the context of the Global Economy”
(6) “The Economic Development of Kerala”
(7) “The Fall of Marxist Doctrine and Restructuring of Democracy”.
(8) “Rewriting Indian Constitution and Special Parliament”
(9) “Guideline for Agricultural Development”
(10) “Peoples Right and Peoples Welfare”
(11) “A Developmental Agenda for Kerala”.
|Shri. K.M. Mani [KC(M)] ||61239 |
|Shri. Mani. C. Kappan (NCP) ||55980|
|Prof. B. Vijayakumar (BJP) ||6359|