Handicrafts Development Corporation of Kerala Ltd
|Handicrafts Development Corporation of Kerala Ltd.||P.B No.171,|
Thiruvananthapuram - 695 001
|Telephone||Phone: 91- 471- 2331358, |
Fax : 91- 471- 2331582
|E-mail : ||
|Managing Director||Phone:+91-471- 2331668|
+91- 471- 2331358
+91- 471- 2331559
Mob: +91 8547935668
Handicrafts Development Corporation of Kerala Ltd., a Kerala Government undertaking, functioning under the Industries Department, Govt of Kerala, was incorporated in 1968 towards undertaking Developmental, Marketing and Welfare activities in the handicrafts sector of Kerala.
The Corporation has been running a Common Facility Service Centre (CFSC) at Thiruvananthapuram for the benefit of wood based artisans to improve their crafts and also to eliminate drudgery. The Corporation through its 19 showrooms spread at strategic places all over India, is marketing handicrafts procured from the Artisans directly. Many other innovative marketing programmes are also being pursued by it to enhance penetration of handicrafts to various strate of society. Moreover, to meet the capital requirements at grass-root levels, the financing schemes for the benefit of the needy craftsmen are being implemented by the Corporation.
The continuing training and developmental activities are being implemented through the assistance from the various Governmental Organisations. The welfare activities of the Corporation include the health insurance, housing cum workshed schemes etc. implemented by the Corporation with the assistance from the Government of India.
The name of SMSM Institute, the central emporium, stands for Sree Moolam Shashtyabdapurthi Memorial Institute in memory of the 60th birthday anniversary of His Highness King Moolam Tirunal of the princely state of Travancore. This institute was started during 1917 as a craft institute and later converted into a trade centre by shifting this craft centre to another place. Our other sales outlets are named under the brand name Kairali.
- Handicrafts Development Corporation of Kerala is running a Common Facility Service Centre (CFSC) at Thiruvananthapuram where lot of artisans are provided with the facilities for the development of crafts.
- Training to the Artisans with the assistance of National Institute of Design Centre for the new design development & technology upgradation.
- Disbursing Loan to the Artisans belonging to backward classes in the handicrafts sector in Kerala under the assistance from the National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC).
- Craft Bazaar at important places and tourist centres for the exhibition cum sale of the craft items from Kerala.
- Promotion of clusters for the development of handicraft products.
- Cash awards to the Artisans in recognition of their crafts.
- Identifying Artisans and Identity cards are being issued.