The Video Conferencing (VC) Project, started by KSITM in 2004 and commissioned in December 2005, has been developed with the purpose of creating an easy and convenient means for Government Departments to improve their functioning through location-independent and real-time communication access.
The Project has made it possible to achieve linkages amongst Kerala State IT Mission, all District Collectorates, North Committee Room - Government Secretariat, Public Office, Vikas Bhavan, Kerala House, New Delhi and Advocate General’s Office, Ernakulam. The setting up of VC room at Kasargod Collectorate is in progress.
- VC through one to one location and multi-point locations
- Audio conference through participants' mobile or land line
- Supports both IP based and ISDN connectivity
- Displaying a maximum of of 16 video conferencing locations at a time in the screen
- Power point presentation can be inserted in between
- Recording of video conferencing session to DVD-R is possible
- Maximum 20 locations can be connected at a time
- Conference/s can be controlled from a single location using the features available with Multi-point Control Unit (MCU).
- Multiple conferences can be done simultaneously
- Webinar can be integrated to the video conferencing using a computer with internet connection and webcam. Webcam and internet is needed only in one main video conferencing location.
For more information, visit: www.itmission.kerala.gov.in/vc