- Backward Classes Development Department
- Animal Husbandry Department
- Coastal Shipping & Inland Navigation
- Consumer Affairs
- Cultural Affairs
- Dairy Development
- Food & Civil Supplies
- Forest & Wild Life
- General Administration
- General Education
- Health & Family Welfare
- Higher Education
- Information and Public Relations
- Industries & Commerce
- Information Technology
- Labour & Rehabilitation
- Local Self Government
- Non- Resident Keralites Affairs
- Parliamentary Affairs
- Planning & Economic Affairs
- Personnel & Administrative Reforms
- P&ARD Official Languages
- Public Works
- Scheduled Castes Development
- Scheduled Tribe Development
- Department Of Science & Technology
- Social Justice Department
- Directorate of Sports and Youth Affairs
- Stores Purchase
- Water Resources
Services / Activities
The Health Services performs with the chief functions of delivery of primary health care in wholesome manner. Preventive and promotive health care in addition to the routine curative services and rehabilitation aspects of health care constitute the main activities of the department. The activities include the establishment and maintenance of medical institutions with necessary infrastructure, control of communicable diseases, rendering of Family Welfare services including Maternal and Child Health Services, implementation of National Control / Eradication programmes providing curative services and administration. The Analytical Laboratories and Public Health Laboratory function as a single-purpose units under the department with independent controlling officer for each.
|Health and Family Welfare Department |
|Health and Family Welfare(A) Department||2517144|
|Health and Family Welfare(B) Department||2518340|
|Health and Family Welfare (S)Department|
|Health and Family Welfare (C)Department||2518750|
|Health and Family Welfare(D) Department||2518066|
|Health and Family Welfare(E) Department||2518559|
|Health and Family Welfare (F)Department||2518068|
|Health and Family Welfare(G) Department||2518568|
|Health and Family Welfare (H)Department||2518816|
|Health and Family Welfare(J) Department||2518562|
|Health and Family Welfare(K) Department||2518631|
|Health and Family Welfare(M) Department||2518127|
|Health and Family Welfare (P)Department||2518768|
|Health and Family Welfare (FW)Department||2517136|
|Health and Family Welfare(Parliament )Department||2517118|
1. Health and Family Welfare (A) Department
Phone :0471- 251 7144
1. Establishment papers of Medical Officers in the Health Service Department.
2. All Complaints on irregularities of these Officers, Disciplinary cases of these categories.
3. State Service Special Rules of all Medical Officers in the Department and its amendment.
4. Formation of Speciality cadre and its rules and postings of these Doctors, Pensionary Claims.
5. Promotion of Civil Surgeons and their transfers.
6. D.P.C. (Higher) of Medical Officers in the Health Services Department of the category of Civil Surgeons
7. Establishment Papers of Medical Officers (except deputation) and Special Sanction for Payment of arrear
(claims) in the grade of Assistant Surgeons, Civil Surgeon and Dental Surgeons.
8. Complaints on irregularities of these Officers and their disciplinary cases.
9. Appointment, Promotion, Transfer and Granting of Grade promotion of these categories.
10. Pensionary claims of these Officers.
11. D.P.C. for Officers of this category for promotion as Civil Surgeons.
12. Compassionate Employment Assistance to the dependants of Medical Officers of Health Services.
13. All complaints from public on irregularities against Medical Officers.
14. Appeal and Revisions on disciplinary cases of these categories.
15. Complaint/Appeal against postings, transfers of these categories.
16. Request from public for getting posted as Medical Officers of Health Services in Hospitals and Primary
17. Complaint against non-receipt of pensionary claims of Medical Officers of Health Services.
2. Health and Family Welfare (B) Department
Phone :0471- 2518340.
1. Establishment papers of teaching staff (except deputation) including creation of posts in respect of the
(a) Dental Colleges and Dental Wings in the Medical Colleges.
(b) Department of (i) Microbiology, (ii) Pharmacology, (iii) Pathology,
2. Establishment Papers of teaching staff (except deputation) including creation of posts of the following
Departments/Units of the Medical Colleges.
(a) Obstetrics & Gynaecology
3. Establishment matter of Technical Staff of all Medical Colleges.
4. D.P.C. in respect of the posts dealt within the section.
5. Establishment of teaching staff (except deputation) including creation of posts in respect of Regional
Institute of Opthalmology, General Surgery, peadiatric Surgery, plastic surgery, Genito-Urinary Surgery,
Thoracic surgery Departments/Units in the Medical Colleges.
6. Establishment Papers related to the Regional Institute of Opthalmology.
7. Papers on Compassionate Employment Assistance in respect of the posts dealt within the section.
8. Establishment matters of General Surgery and all other Surgical Specialities Opthalmology.
9. Transplantation of Human Organ Act and Rules and related maters.
10. Miscellaneous papers on Medical Education.
11. Dental Council Acts and Rules.
3. Health and Family Welfare (S) Department
Phone :0471- 2518060.
1. Establishment of teaching staff in respect of the following department/Units in the Medical Colleges and
(a) Community Medicine
(e) General Medicine
(g) Nuclear Medicine and Institute of Oncological Science
(i) Radiology, Radio-diagnosis Radiotherapy
( j ) State Board of Medical Research and Medicine (Research)— T.B. and Chest Diseases.
2. All papers except deputation related to all Principals (Except Principal of Dental Colleges), Joint Directors
and Director of Medical Education.
3. Convening of DPC Lower and Higher in respect of posts dealt within the section under DME.
4. Review of Administration Report in respect of Medical Education Department–Consultative Committee
relating to Medical Education Department.
5. Act and Rules and papers related to Indian Medical Council and State Medical Council.
6. Establishment of teaching staff in respect of the following Department/Units in the Medical Colleges
and Allied institutions. Anatomy, Anaesthesiology, Blood Bank, Bio-chemistry, Cardiology, Dermatology
and Venerology (Skin and V.D.), Forensic Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Nephrology, Neurology,
Neurosurgery, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Surgical Gasteroenterology, Regional Limb Fitting
7. Special Rules relating to all posts of teaching staff, paper on Pay revision to the teaching staff under
Medical Education Service.
8. Papers relating to admission to all Medical Colleges and Dental Colleges and for the Courses such as
MBBS and Post Graduate Courses (Except M. Pharm and Msc. Nursing) including Super Speciality.
9. Stipend to House surgeons and Post-graduate students under Medical Education Department, Senior
House Surgeoncy Programme, Residency Dental College programe.
10. Papers related to starting of new Medical Colleges
11. Papers related to Medical University
12. Transfer of Medical students.
13. Complaints and problems of all Medical Students(Except para medical students).
14. Compulsory Rural Posting for Medical Graduates/Post Graduates/ Super Speciality Post Graduates as part
of bonded obligation.
4. Health and Family Welfare (C) Department.
Phone :0471- 251 8750
1. All Establishment papers (except leave exceeding 120 days) of all public Health Nurses, Public Health
Nursing tutors, District Public Health Nurse and District Nursing Officers, Nursing Superindendents
included in the Family Welfare Programme and Head Nurses in the Department of Health Services and
Directorate of Medical Education.
2. Establishment papers of Midwives and A.N.Ms. other than under Family Welfare.
3. All types of training programme and their deputation sponsored by the Director of Health Services for
4. Disciplinary cases of these categories, appeal and revision.
5. Complaint against non-receipt of pensionary benefits.
6. Papers related to compassionate employment assistance to dependents of these categories.
7. Establishment papers of Health Assistants, Multipourpose Health workers, Basic Health Workers, Family
Welfare Health Assistant, Junior Health Inspector Grade I and II and equivalent posts, Health Inspectors
and Health Supervisors.
8. All papers related to Malaria Filaria Staff, absorption of National Malaria Eradication Programme/National
Self Employment Programme Staff.
9. Papers related to compossionate employment assistance to dependents of above categories.
10. All Establishment papers of Staff Nurses (except leave exceeding 120 days.)
11. All Papers relating to Government Nursing Colleges. Admiission to General Nursing Courses, B.Sc.
Nursing Courses and M.Sc. Nursing both in Government sector and private sector. All Papers relating to
Self Financing Institutions.
12. Starting of new Nursing College/Schools in Nursing Sector.
13. Transfer of Students and all complaints of Nursing Students and connected papers.
14. Nursing Council of India Act and Rules.
15. The Nursing Council of India and the Nursing Council of Kerala.
16. Nurses and Midwives Act and Rules.
17. Kerala Government Nurses and Midwives Welfare Fund.
18. A. N. M’s. Welfare Fund.
19. Miscellanneous and General papers on Nursing.
20. Draft para and Audit objections on Nursing Colleges.
21. Papers relating to State Institute of Medical Education and Technology.
22. LWA of Junior Health Inspector Gr. II.
5. Health and Family Welfare (D) Department.
Phone : 0471- 2518066
1. Establishment papers of teaching staff and Ministerial staff (both Gazetted and Non-Gazetted) in the
Department of Indian Systems of Medicine.
2. Papers of Teaching staff upto the Principal of Ayurveda Colleges.
3. All pappers of Gazetted staff upto the rank of Director of Indian Systems of Medicine.
4. Framing of Special Rules/Amendment to such Special Rules relating to these categories.
5. Papers related to Departmental Promotion Committee (Higher).
6. Appointment to the dependents of Government Servents under Compassionate Employment Scheme of
the above category.
7. Papers related to Oushadi/Pharmaceutical Corporation (IM) Kerala Ltd.
8. Papers related to Indian Council of Indigenous Medicine, Poojapura, Ayurveda Research Institute.
9. Establishment of all para medical and non-teaching/non- ministerial staff including all Nursing staff
and supervisor staff, Pharmacists etc. upto Last Grade Government Servents, Contingent employees in
the Department of Ayurveda and Ayurveda Colleges.
10. Framing of Special Rules/General Orders related to all these categories other than those dealt within the
P & ARD and Convey of D. P. C. (Lower) in which Joint Secretary/Additional Secretary is a member.
11. Kottakkal Arya Vaidyasala, Dhanwantari etc.
12. Complaint against private Ayurveda Hospitals/Dispensaries.
13. Papers on Yogasana Nature Cure Centres.
14. Employment Assistance to defendants of Government Servants (Paramedical staff) under compassionate
15. Budget papers (Non Plan) of Ayurveda Department and Ayurveda College of Indian Systems of Medicine.
16. Purchase of medicines and equipments, dietarry articles and stores required for the Ayurveda Colleges,
Hospitals and Ayurveda Department Hospitals and Dispensaries.
17. Non-plan construction of building for Ayurveda Colleges and Department of Indian Systems of
18. Papers relating to Ayurveda University.
19. Consultative Committees on Ayurveda Systems of Medicines.
20. Ayurveda Mental Hospital, Kottakkal.
21. Social Forestry on the cultivation of medicinal plants.
22. General papers on Ayurveda College and the Department of Ayurveda.
23. Papers relating to Ayurveda Courses in Colleges (Admission, transfer of students and problems of
24. Inspection report of the Accountant General and Stores Purchase Department related to Ayurveda
25. Draft paras and P.A.C. on Ayurveda Department and Ayurveda Colleges.
6. Health and Family Welfare (E) Department.
Phone : 0471- 2518559
1. Establishment papers of Public Health Laboratory and Analytical Laboratory, Thiruvananthapuram,
Regional Laboratory at Ernakulam, Calicut and District Laboratory.
2. Establishment papers relating to all Mechanical staff including Health Tranport Officer under D. H. S.
3. Purchase of vehicles under Health Services Department, repairs and maintenance.
4. Creation of posts of Driver/Cleaner and establishment matters.
5. Lunacy Act and Rules.
6. Mental Hospitals.
7. Mental Health Centre-IMHANS.
8. Leprosy Hospitals and Board of visitors to these Hospitals and the staff under these hospitals who are
treated as non-transferable i.e. patient- employees, SET Centres.
9. Claims of Co-operative Societies related to these institutions.
10 Establishment papers on Para medical staff of Leprosy Control Programme like Leprosy Health Visitors,
Non-medical Supervisor, Urban Supervisor. National Leprosy Eradication Programme— Voluntary
11. Schemes for rehabilitation of Cured Leprosy Patients.
12. Condemnation of all unserviceable articles including vehicles in the Health services Department.
13. Papers related to Non-plan Budget (except relating to Family Welfare) under Health Services Department.
14. Original and additional authorisation—re-appropriation, Supplementary Demands for Grants.
15. Papers on appropriation accounts-Regularisation of excess over voted Grant.
16. Request for providing land for construction of building under the Health Services Department—Transfer
of land between departments and acceptance of private land donated by individuals/Lions Club and
17. Constructions of Hospitals, Dispensaries under Health Services Department.
18. Lease of Government land in the premises of Offices/Government Hospital/Dispensaries.
19. Right of Collection of usufructs of trees in the Government Land on contract basis by public auction and
complaints against it.
20. Taking private building on P.W.D. rent rate for starting Dispensaries/ Offices under Health Services
Department beyond the delegation of D.H.S.
21. Request for import of valuable private hospital’s equipments on exemption from Customs duty.
22. Request for land, timber appliances, etc. by private Medical Institutions.
23. Construction Work (Non-Plan) of Hospitals and Dispensaries under D.H.S.
24. papers related to Best Doctors Award.
25. All papers relating to sanctioning of L.W.A. exceeding 120 days. Deputation, Tour, Training to all
Medical Officers in Health Department/Dental Surgeons and of all Nurses/Midwives in the Health
Services Department either on Medical Certificate or for private employment/study purpose.
26. Papers related to prevention of Food Adulteration Act and Rules.
27. All establishment papers of Food Inspectors.
7. Health and Family Welfare (F) Department.
Phone : 0471- 2518068
1. Establishment papers relating to Drugs Control Department.
2. Blood Bank of Private Hospitals and Government Hospitals.
3. Complaint against private medical stores.
4. Drugs and Cosmetics Act and Rules.
5. Pharmacy Act and Rules.
6. Pharmacy Council of India and Pharmacy Council of Kerala.
7. Poisons Act and Rules.
8. Inspection Reports.
9. Draft para of Public Accounts Committee of the Drugs Control Department.
10. Establishment papers related to Class IV Employees and part-time contingent employees in the Health
11. Papers related to Attenders, Peons and Hospital Attendants.
12. Papers related to former Dias and Field Workers on Mosquito eradication.
13. Appointment of dependents of Class IV Employees under the Compassionate Employment Scheme.
8. Health and Family Welfare (G) Department
Phone : 0471- 2518568
1. All papers on rules relating to reimbursement of Government Servants Medical claims.
2. Special sanction for treatment in private hospitals in and outside the State.
3. Rules relating to allotment of staff quarters in Health Services Department.
4. Complaint against irregularities of staff quarters in the Health Services Department.
5. Private Medical Practitioners Act and Rules.
6. All complaints against private Doctors and Hospitals in the State.
7. Private Hospital Employees Salary Regulation Act.
8. Papers relating to Pensioners Medical Benefit/Medical Assistance in Hospitals.
9. Papers relating to Medical Aid and Freedom Fighters.
10. Papers relating to Public Health Act.
11. Central Council of Health.
12. Hospital stoppages and enhancement of fees on equipments on the basis of Resource Commission
13. General consultative committees and guidelines on Drugs, de-addiction, narcotics harmful to health.
14. Notification on fairs, festivals, conduct of exhibitions/shows on Health Services Department.
15. Sanitory arrangements and medical facilities to fairs and festivels in Ochira, Sabarimala and Maramon
16. Burial and cremation grounds.
17. Prevention of epidemics and communicable diseases.
18. Investigation Report, Sample Survey Reports and monitoring activities at Secretariat level.
19. Papers related to outbreak of all types of epidemic diseases.
20. Papers related to construction of buildings (Non-plan) relating to Health Services (Papers dealt within
section on construction of buildings under Family Welfare Programme will be dealt within Family Welfare
section) in Districts Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanadu, Kannur and Kasargode.
21. Taking over of Private Hospitals.
22. Papers related to Health Education Programmes, School Health Education and School Health Cards
(World Health Day, April 7).
23. Establishment of Eye Banks and Eye Donation Programme, National Blindness Control Programme.
24. Papers relating to rules of allotment of KHRWS paywards.
25. KHRWS Quarters.
26. KHRWS development activities and its budget.
27. Visha Vaidya and Grant in Aid to Visha Vaidyas.
28. Rules relating to Government Hospital Pay wards in Government Medical Colleges, General Hospital and
9. Health and Family Welfare (H) Department
1. Establishment papers of Pharmacists, Pharmacists-cum-store keepers, Laboratory Technicians, X-ray
Technicians, Orthoptists, Refractionists, Opthalmic Assistant, Dental Hygienists and Dental Mechanic,
Extension Education and Mass Media Officers, Entomologists, Dark room Assistant, Anesthetic
Technician, Dietician and any other para medical staff belonging to Class III in the Health Services
Department not specifically alloted to the Health Services Department and their higher Posts.
2. Papers related to Class III Staff under DHS other than para medical not specifically allotted to any other
3. Establishment papers of Ministerial (both Gazetted and non- Gazetted) staff of the Health Services
4. Administration Report of Health Services Department.
10. Health and Family Welfare (J) Department
Phone :0471- 251 8562
1. All papers relating to Hospital Drugs Policy and Drugs formulary.
2. Purchase of medicines from Central Purchase Committee approved firms.
3. Complaint on surplus/time expired/useless medicines.
4. Local purchase and emergency purchse of medicines.
5. Complaint from Drugs firms on purchase.
6. Purchase of equipments, Stores-dietary articles, furniture under Non-plan.
7. Repair and maintenance of equipments under Health ServicesDepartment.
8. Papers related to Kerala State Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Ltd. and similar drugs manufacturing units.
9. Internal audit objections, draft para, PAC-Raised by the Accountant General on purchase of stores,
10. Internal inspection report and objections of Stores Purchase Department in respect of Health
11. Papers relating to Sree Chithra Institute of Medical Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram and Regional Cancer
12. All establishment and non-establishment papers related to Government and Private (except Grant-in-
aid) Homoeo Medical Colleges.
13. Papers related to B.H.M.S./D.H.M.S. Degree Courses and Post- Graduate Courses in Homoeo.
14. Nurse-cum-Pharmacist Course in Homoeo.
15. Complaints of Homoeo College Students.
16. Request for transfer of students.
17. Indian Council of Homoeopathy.
18. Conducting Homoeo check up camps and camps for prevention of diseases.
19. Internal audit report of A. G. and inspection report of Stores Purchase Department relating to Homoeo
20. All non-plan Budget, Establishment and non-Establishment papers relating to the Department of
21. Private Homoeopathic Medical Practitioners Act and Rules.
22. Grant-in-aid to private Homoeo Colleges.
23. Request from Research Institute of Homoeopathy, Kurichy.
24. Purchase of Homoeo Medicines and papers related to Co-operative Homoeo Pharmacy , Alappuzha.
25. Internal Audit Report and Inspection Report of the Accountant General and Stores purchase Department
in respect of the Homoeo Department.
26. All Papers relating to Cancer.
27. All papers relating to Malabar Cancer Center.
28. Kerala Medical Service Corporation.
29. Papers relating to Radiation Safety.
11. Health and Family Welfare (K) Department
1. Papers relating to Tutor-trainee system in Medical Colleges, Dental Colleges and other Colleges in the
Medical Education Department.
2. Deputation of Medical Officers of Medical Education Department and Health Services Department for
3. Conference or seminars outside the State in India.
4. Deputation of expert Doctors from Medical Colleges to places of Epidemics and Contagious diseases.
5. Deputation of Doctors in Medical Education Department and Health Services Department to higher
studies and higher training, from one Department to another Department and Government Institution/
6. Non-plan budget papers and plan budget for construction of buildings.
7. Land acquisition under Medical Education Department.
8. Medical check-up camp, eye camp, blood donation motivation camp by voluntary organisations and
Private/Government Institutions under Health Services Department/Medical Education Department.
9. Papers related to INCLEN.
10. Visit of W. H. O. Authorities to Medical Colleges.
11. Establishment papers of Ministerial staff (both Gazetted and non- Gazetted) of Medical Education
12. Papers on Paramedical Courses under DME except Nursing courses prospectus, admission and conduct
of their examinations—Paramedical Courses in Government and Private Colleges including D. Pharm., B. Pharm. and M. Pharm.
13. Transfer of Paramedical students.
14. Complaints on these courses.
15. Paramedical Board of Examinations.
16. Paramedical Council/Accreditation Council.
17. Rules of allotment of Staff Quarters in the Medical Education Department and complaints/irregularities
on such allotment, action against illegal occupants.
18. Secretariat Health Clinic and M.L.A. Hostel Clinic.
19. Advisory Councils of administration in Medical Colleges.
20. Referral systems in Medical Colleges.
21. Papers relating to Pharmacy Courses (M.Pharm.) and establishment papers of Pharmaceutical Colleges
under Medical Eduction Department.
22. Purchase of equipments, machinery, medicines for Medical Colleges and Dental Colleges and for
associated institutions under D.M.E. (under Plan and Non-plan expenditure).
23. Papers relating to import of these items.
24. Papers related to repair and maintenance.
25. Disposal of unserviceable items in the Medical Education Department.
26. Internal audit objections of the Accountant General and Stores Purchase Department, Inspection Report.
27. Draft para and PAC Report on purchase of Medical Education Department.
28. Papers related to Loma Linda University, John Hopkins University, MAYO CLINIC, USA on training
exchange programme and starting of centres for excellence.
29. Starting of Trauma Care Unit in Medical Colleges.
30. Providing vehicles and telephone facilities in the institutions under DME and its repair.
12. Health and Family Welfare (M) Department
Phone: 0471- 2518127
1. Creation of posts under non-plan and continuance of temporary posts under non-plan in the Health
Services Department except those belonging to Family Welfare.
2. Starting of specialities and additional units, upgradation of Medical Institutions such as PHCs, Sub
Centres, Community Health Centres, Taluk Hospital etc. under non-plan.
3. Delegation of Powers of Health Services Department.
4. Issuance of Office Orders of Health and Family Welfare Department.
5. Departmental Staff Conferences.
6. Consolidation work of all papers referred from other Departments (except on interpellations).
7. Consolidation of Monthly Business Statement.
8. Papers relating to Chief Minister’s Conference, Chief Secretary’s Conference, M.P’s Conference,
9. Papers related to meetings not specified in other sections.
10. Red Cross Society of India/District Red Cross Society.
11 . Grant-in-aid to private Voluntary Health Organisations.
12. Miscellaneous papers not dealt within other sections.
13. Papers relating to TB (TB Association of Kerala. TB Hospitials and Clinics under the Health Service
Department, TB Seal Ward, Financial Assistance to TB Patients)
14. All papers on Souhrida Samithies and Hospital Development Committee/ Hospital Development
15. All general matters relating to PHCs, Sub Centres, MCH Centre.
16. Request for sanctioning Milma booth, Private telephone booth, food stall, canteen, in all the institutions
under Health and Family Welfare Department (MCs., HSD, Homoeo, Ayurveda).
17. Providing telephone facilities to all offices, Institutions in the Health Services Department under Plan,
18. P.H. Training Schools, Thiruvananthapuram, State Health Centre, Neyyattinkara and SC/ST Welfare Health
Training Schools and Health Workers under Heath Service Department.
19. Health Minister’s Welfare Fund for indigent patients.
20. Papers related to Dietary articles under Health Services Department.
21. Claims of Co-operative Socities related to revision of rate of dietary articles supplied in Leprosy
22. Modernisation Government Programme.
23. Revision of Staff Pattern.
24. Construction (Non Plan) under DHS in Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozikode, Wayanad, Kannur and
25. KHRC/NHRC/Women Commission Reports.
26. Papers related to Audit Para/Draft Para.
13. Health and Family Welfare (P) Department
1. 20 point programmes/15 point programmes.
2. Implementation of National Health Policy.
3. All Centrally Sponsored Programmes.
4. Release and adjustment of Central Assistance for plan schemes (other than those of Family Welfare).
5. Monthly and quarterly review reports on Centrally Sponsored Programme and external aided programme.
6. External aided projects.
7. Plan Schemes of Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Thiruvananthapuram.
8. Revised T. B. Control Programme.
9. State Plan Schemes including construction works and land acquisition for Medical Education Department
(except that of DHS), Indian Systems of Medicine, Ayurveda Colleges, Homoeopathy Colleges, Drugs
Control, Regional Cancer Centre etc.
10. Draft para on plan schemes/PAC report on subjects deal within the section.
11. Monthly and quarterly reports and review of the above State Plan Schemes.
12. Papers related to Budget Speech, Governer’s address.
13. Implementation of new schemes introduced in the Budget Speech.
14. State Plan Schemes of DHS including Land acquisition and construction.
15. Chemical Examiner’s Laboratory and Public Health Laboratory.
16. Opening of new Primary Health Centres, Conversion of Rural Dispensaries and Opening of Community
17. Annual Plan Papers.
18. General papers on Five Year Plan, Annual Plan, Papers for discussion with Planning Board.
19. Consolidation of data for onward transmission to Government of India, Planning Board and Planning
20. Consolidation of expenditure statements and compilation for obtaining Central Assistance.
21. Working Groups of Plan Schemes.
22. Papers relating to iodised salt Goitre Control.
23. Papers relating to Finance Commission.
24. Institute of Virology and Infectious Diseases.
25. National Disease Surveillance Programme/Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme.
26. Special Disease Survelliance Programme in Kottayam and Alappuzha Districts.
14. Health and Family Welfare (FW) Department
1. General papers on sterilisation scheme, IUCD scheme, progress reports of sterilisation operations and
2. Expenditure and preparation of statement.
3. Creation and continuance of posts under Family Welfare, State Family Welfare Board, District Family
Welfare Advisory Committees and other Conferences/Seminars and propaganda under the programme.
4. Complaints regarding sterilisation operation and IUCD insertions and abortions.
5. Family Welfare Training Centres and Training of personnel.
6. Papers relating to Target Free Approach CSSM RCH and RH, UNFPA aided IPD Scheme.
7. Departmental (Plan and Non-plan) and private construction under Family Welfare Programme.
8. Mass Education of Medical activities, production of files/films, publication, drama and other media of
advertisements. Film shows, Seminars, Orientation Camps, Group discussion, Exhibition, wall
9. Papers relating to Child Health Centres and implementation of UNICEF Programme.
10. Fertility Clinic, Baby Clinic, Milk Feeding Programme, Breast Feeding Programme.
11. Implementation of the schemes of Government of India under Family Welfare Programme and World
Health Organisation Demographic and Evaluation Cell.
12. Monthly Bulletin on Family Welfare and MCH.
13. Creation of posts of ANMs and Midwives continuance and abolition of such posts.
14. Opening of ANM. Training Schools, Stipends/enhancement of stipends to trainees and remuneration to
teachers in A. N. M. Schools under F. W. Programme, Multipurpose Health Worker’s Schemes,
15. Setting up of a network of First Referral Units (FRU) for improving emergency obstetrics case.
16. Papers relating to Universal Immunisation Programme, ORT (Oral Rehydration Therapy) Child
Development and safe mothers food programme.
17. Papers relating to Central Council of Health and Family Welfare, Construction of buildings under the
18. All papers related to India Population Project.
19. All papers related to AIDS.
20. Mahila Swast Sangh Volunteers.
21. Papers related to NRHM.
22. Child Development Centre.
15. Health and Family Welfare (Parliament) Department
1. Collection and distribution and monitoring of papers related to assembly questions. Assurances, Draft
Para, Subject Committee, Estimate Committees, Committee on Subordinate Legislation, Public Accounts
2. Monitoring of High Court cases.
3. Any item not specifically allotted to other sections