- Backward Classes Development Department
- Animal Husbandry Department
- Coastal Shipping & Inland Navigation
- Consumer Affairs
- Cultural Affairs
- Dairy Development
- Food & Civil Supplies
- Forest & Wild Life
- General Administration
- General Education
- Health & Family Welfare
- Higher Education
- Information and Public Relations
- Industries & Commerce
- Information Technology
- Labour & Rehabilitation
- Local Self Government
- Non- Resident Keralites Affairs
- Parliamentary Affairs
- Planning & Economic Affairs
- Personnel & Administrative Reforms
- P&ARD Official Languages
- Public Works
- Scheduled Castes Development
- Scheduled Tribe Development
- Department Of Science & Technology
- Social Justice Department
- Directorate of Sports and Youth Affairs
- Stores Purchase
- Water Resources
Services / Activities
Major Functions of the Department
- Faculty development
- Starting of new courses
- Maintenance of buildings
- Development of laboratories and libraries
- Provision of matching grant for developmental activities
- Modernization of offices
- Setting up of I.T grid
- Getting National Assessment and Accreditation Council(NAAC) approval for colleges
- Scholarships to Graduate and Post Graduate Students
- Starting of job oriented add-on courses
- Edusat scheme with Tele-training in Government colleges
- Maintenance of playgrounds and provision of infrastructure
- Development of students amenities
- Study tours
- Development of Music colleges
- Development of Physical Education colleges
The functional responsibilities of the Directorate are:
1.Appointment, transfer, placement and promotion of Government College Teachers.
2.Admission to PF, maintenance of PF account, sanctioning of advances, closure of account etc. of Private College Staff. The Directorate also takes care of other establishment matters of Private College Teachers, such as sanctioning of posts according to work load, sanction of reimbursement of medical expenses, sanctioning of FIP and other deputation to Teachers for career advancement.
Section A & B: Takes care of the establishment matters of the Government College Teachers including Music Colleges, Teacher Education Colleges, IASE and Physical Education Colleges.
Section C: Takes care of the establishment matters of the Non-teaching staff in the Government colleges, Deputy Directorates and also in the Directorate.
Section D: Deals with sanctioning of posts of Teachers in the Private, Aided Colleges according to work load and other establishment matters of them.
Section G: This section deals with House Building
Advance, Motor Conveyance Advance, general matters relating to the Directorate, sanction of study tours, Legislative Assembly matters etc.
Section J: This section deals with pay and allowances of the employees in the Directorate, FBS, SLI etc. of all employees in the Department, Countersigning Last Salary Bill of Gazetted Officers, TA bills of Gazetted Officers in the Department and issue of NLC to Gazetted Officers in the Department. Apart from this sanctioning medical reimbursement, various claims of the Gazetted Officers in the Directorate such as reimbursement of telephone charges cost of news papers and purchase relating to the Directorate etc are dealt with in this section.