Kerala State Warehousing Corporation
|Kerala State Warehousing Corporation||P.B. No. 1727
Warehousing Corporation Road
Kochi - 682 016
Phone No. 0484-2375537,
Fax: 0484-2376339: Telegram: KERWACOR
||Adv. S. Shine
||Shri. K. N. Ravindran
Kerala State Warehousing Corporation came into existence on 20th February 1959 according to Government Notification No. Ag.P2 - 205057 AD dated.30.01.59. It functions under the Warehousing Corporations Act 1962 (Central Act 58/1962). The Warehousing Corporations Act 1962 was passed repealing the Agricultural Produce Development and Warehousing Corporations Act 1956. KSWC is a statutory Corporation having 50% Share Capital by Central Warehousing Corporation and 50% share capital by the Govt. of Kerala. It has its Corporate Office at Ernakulam with 3 Zonal Offices, 9 Regional Offices and 60 Warehouses scattered all over the state.
All types of agricultural commodities and other commodities notified by the Government from time to time are accepted for storage in a Warehouse. The idea behind the whole warehousing scheme is to give scientific storage to the agricultural produce and also to arrange easy credit and holding power to the agriculturists to enable them to get a better price for their produces. A Warehouse Receipt incorporating the quantity, quality, market value and particulars of insurance against fire, theft and burglary will be issued to the depositor. The Warehouse Receipt is negotiable in nature and can be pledged in any bank.
The statutory functions of the State Warehousing Corporation`s are:
1. Acquire and build godowns and warehouses at such suitable places within the State.
2. Run Warehouses in the State, for the storage of the agricultural produce, seeds, manures, fertilizers, agricultural implements and notified commodities.
3. Arrange facilities for the transport of agricultural produce seeds, manures, fertilizers, agricultural implements and notified commodities to and from Warehouses.
4. Act as an agent of the Central Warehousing Corporation or the Government for the purpose of purchase, sale, storage and distribution of agricultural produce, seeds, manures, fertilizers, agricultural implements and notified commodities and.
5. Carry out such other functions as may be prescribed.
KSWC undertakes Disinfestation Extension Services at the door steps of the Farmers, Traders, Industrialists etc., on short calls as well as on yearly contract basis as per the request of the customers. KSWC had formulated very effective Anti-coagulant Rat Poisoning Bait in the name of RODOFOE. KSWC acts as Nodal Agency to supply RODOFOE for the Government Level Rat Control Campaigns in the state.
KSWC has offered its helping hand to the Public Sector organizations in designing and constructing buildings and godowns making use of the technical know-how and personnel available with the Civil Engineering Wing. Container Fright Station functions at Tripunithura with most modern facilities like Mechanised handling, Computerised documentation, 42,000 Sq. Ft. covered area, Container Parking Yard, Dormitory facilities for truck operators, Fool Proof Security Arrangement etc.
As per Section 20(1) of the Warehousing Corporation Act 1962.
1.The General superintendence and Management of the affairs of a State Warehousing Corporation shall vest in a Board of Directors which shall consist of the following namely:-
a. five directors nominated by the central Warehousing Corporation, of whom one shall be nominated in consultation with the State Bank and one at least shall be a non-official:-
b. five directors nominated by the State Government: and.
c. a Managing Director, appointed by the State Government in consultation with the directors referred to in clauses (a) and b (a) under intimation to the Central Warehousing Corporation.
2. The Chairman of the Board of Directors shall be appointed by the State Government from among the directors of the State Warehousing Corporation under intimation to the Central Warehousing Corporation.
For more information, visit: kerwacor.com