Kerala Shipping and Inland Navigation Corporation Ltd.
KSINC, a Government of Kerala undertaking, was formed by the amalgamation of the Kerala Inland Navigation Corporation (KINCO) established in 1975, and the Kerala Shipping Corporation (KSC) established in 1974. KSINC are the Pioneers of inland navigation in the watereways of Kerala. The company maintains the highest standards in its operations.
KSINC is the pioneers in mechanised inland navigation in Kerala. Starting from 1975, KSINC has hauled millions of tons of cargo and carried hundreds of thousands of passengers. Now KSINC is also providing an experiance of luxurious and quality back water tourism at Kochi. KSINC is now a force to be reckoned with inland water transport, backwater tourism and construction and repair of small crafts and vessels, in Kerala.
KSINC is a company owned by the Government of Kerala. Kerala is the southeen most state of India and is well endowed with rivers and backwaters. Our aim is to exploit this potential to the maximum.
- A professionally managed company delivering highest quality service.
- KSINC seeks to tap the vast potential available in utilizing the inland waterways. As for extending its activities, the company believes that there are no boundaries. Living up to challenges is only a way of life. Our committed and motivated staff with a strong spirit of synergy and teamwork will ceaselessly work to deliver the finest service.
KSINC believes that transport through the inland waters is to be safe and cheap, while at the same time meeting the high expectations of our clients.We shall always endeavour to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction through efficient service, reduced costs, safe and reliable practices. At KSINC our mission is:
- To provide better, safer and cheaper mode of passenger and cargo transportation and to remain the leader in the field.
At KSINC we believe that every member is a link in the chain. We believe in the synergy of the team and realize the team success is the result of every individual doing his bit. Our individual purpose statement is:
As a valuable member of the Corporate team I will always work to the best of my ability
- To establish, maintain and operate Shipping services and to purchase, charter, hire, build ships, tankers and other vessels.
- To undertake and carry on trades and business of shippers, ship owners, ship brokers, ship agents, underwriters, ship managers, shipping and forwarding agents.
- To establish, maintain and operate transportation services for the transport of goods and passengers in inland water in the State of Kerala or elsewhere.
- To run, organise, conduct and manage in the State of Kerala or elsewhere Workshops, Repair shops, Service stations for repair and maintenance of marine vessels.
- To establish, provide, maintain and conduct Research and Training Institutions and Lab centres.
- Transportation of bulk raw materials, pertroleum products and water cargo through inland waters.
- Operation of ferry services to the islands around Kochi.
- Docking and repair of marine vessels.
- Construction of wooden and steel inland water crafts.
- Undertaken coastal cargo shipping service by chartering vessels
- Experienced and well-qualified staff
- Vessels suited for the inland waterways.
- Modern slipway complex
KSINC is engaged in the fields of transportation of passenger and cargo through the inland waterways of Kerala, Backwater tourism and construction and maintanance of small vessels and crafts.
The company carries bulk materials, petroleum products, potable water, acids etc. through its fleet of barges.
For tourists it operates a number of tourist boats and speed boats, including the luxurious "Sagara rani", which is the only vessel of its kind at Kochi. The company also offers a sailing resort "Lake princess" with night accomodation for 16 persons.
At its modern slipway, it can construct and repair vessels of any kind, weighing up to 200 Metric tons.
KSINC runs a training school, which trains the personnel needed for the inland water transport sector. This is the only training school of its kind in Kerala.
- Construction of House Boats
- Catamaran service between Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Maldives
- Waterway linked Tourism
- Water Sports
- Navigation Training Center.
Kerala Shipping and Inland Navigation Corporation Ltd(KSINC)
38/924-A, Gandhi Nagar, Kochi - 682 020
Telephone / Fax Tel: +91 484 2203614, 2206232, 2206840, 2206841, 2206842, 2206844,2206672
Fax:+91 484 2206048
For more information, visit: www.keralashipping.com