- Backward Classes Development Department
- Animal Husbandry Department
- Coastal Shipping & Inland Navigation
- Consumer Affairs
- Cultural Affairs
- Dairy Development
- Food & Civil Supplies
- Forest & Wild Life
- General Administration
- General Education
- Health & Family Welfare
- Higher Education
- Information and Public Relations
- Industries & Commerce
- Information Technology
- Labour and Skills
- Local Self Government
- Non- Resident Keralites Affairs
- Parliamentary Affairs
- Planning & Economic Affairs
- Personnel & Administrative Reforms
- P&ARD Official Languages
- Public Works
- Scheduled Castes Development
- Scheduled Tribe Development
- Department Of Science & Technology
- Social Justice Department
- Sports and Youth Affairs
- Stores Purchase
- Water Resources
| Application Forms
|| Gos and Circulars
||Notifications|| RTI Act
Officers in charge of Right to Information
Stores Purchase Department is one of the Departments in the Government secretariat under Government of Kerala. This Department is under the control of Minister for Finance.It consists of four sections to fulfill its duties.
The term “Stores” means all articles and materials (other than cash and documents) which come into the possession of a Government servant for use in the Public Service. This term does not, however, include items, like dietary articles of the animals in zoos, sundry articles like fuel, charcoal, dietary products, etc. For fulfilling the duties and functions of the various Departments of the Government, “Stores” have often to be purchased. This Manual contains the General rules applicable to all Departments regarding purchase of stores required for use in the Public Service. In regard to particular classes of articles, such as books and periodicals, stationery and printing stores, clothing and liveries, etc., these will be supplemented by the Instructions in the book of financial powers to be issued by the Finance Department. In the case of Public Works, Forest, Stationery, Police and other special Departments, these rules should be supplemented by the special rules contained in the Codes and Manuals of the Departments concerned, e.g. P.W.D Code, Forest Code, Stationery Manual, Police Manual, etc.
The Subjects being dealt with by the Department
Vision and Mission of the Department
Stores Purchase Department render advice and remarks in the case of purchases and other related matters of Administrative Departments in the Government Secretariat. General questions relating to stores purchase like correspondence with the Government of India and the Director General of Supplies and Disposals issue of general instructions and orders on stores purchase from time to time. Stores Purchase Inspection and follow up action thereon in respect of all State Government Offices, PSUs etc..under the Government of Kerala are the main works being dealt with by the Inspection Wings of the Department.The Stores Purchase Department deals with the following works also:
1) Providing suggestions and remarks about the rules relating to purchases in the Department Purchase Committees.
2) The recommendations of the Departmental Purchase Committees are to be dealt with in the Stores Purchase Department in the following cases:-
1) Cases in which there is any special relaxation from Stores Purchase Rules or Provisions of the Kerala Financial Code.
2) Setting up of Rate Contract for various items.
3) Preparation of the Statement of:-
a) Directory of purchases (half yearly).
b) List of purchase of I.S.I. Certified goods (quarterly)
c) Preparation of the list of products of Government undertakings.
4) All correspondence relating to import licenses and release of foreign exchange.
5) Blacklisting, banning and other penalties.
6) Registration of firms.